Monday l August 26th
Course Introductions (CLSO 303)
- What is writing? How is it changing in electronic contexts?
- Technology experience / comfort questionnaire
- Reflection on your goals and expectations for the course
Homework: Check the “Assignments Due” for next class (see below).
Wednesday l August 28th
Foundational Skills: Understanding the Craft of Digital Writing (CLSO 303)
- Rhetorical Situation & MMAPS: Mode, Media, Audience, Purpose, Situation
- Genre analysis
Assignments due at the start of class:
- Read: Chapter 1: “On Writing Well,” pages 1-22 (Carroll)
- Write: Complete chapter assignment # 1 on page 20. As the prompt says, you can choose any topic you want, but my additional requirement is that your topic somehow related to Atlanta / the local area. Type and print out your response. Due as a hard copy at the start of class.